Top five conclusions: Holland 1-0 Japan
1. For a while these two looked like they were attempting to out-bore England and Algeria, but at least they mustered a goal between them.
2. And that goal featured some goalkeeping that Robert Green could be proud of.
3. Holland can be quietly pleased about their six points without Arjen Robben even leaving the comfort of his tracksuit top.
4. Japan have proved wrong the critics who predicted a heavy defeat in their pre-World Cup friendly with two accomplished defensive performances in their opening two World Cup matches.
5. At the same time, their attacking options are very poor. You can imagine them springing a surprise or two with a decent finisher in the side.
Video via 101GG