Top five conclusions: Paraguay 0-0 Japan (5-3 after penalties)
1. We got to see the first penalty shootout of South Africa 2010. The price was watching the worst match of South Africa 2010 first.
2. Putting yourself in the shoes of a Paraguayan, it is hard to suggest that the ends didn’t justify the means. A first ever World Cup quarter-final for them.
3. It has hard to describe either side as an attacking threat, but at least we can say that the side who had most possession won.
4. Got to love the Japan’s Adidas Goth look.
5. Hopefully Yuichi Komano has a Pizza Hut advert to look forward to as consolation.
Video via 101GG