Top five conclusions: Uruguay 1-1 Ghana (4-2 pens)
1. Wow! What a pulsating, open, end-to-end match. These two teams showed that you can entertain and progress in the World Cup. A few other teams would do well to take notice.
2. It is not very often that a player sent-off in a World Cup quarter-final become a national hero, but I reckon Luis Suarez may have achieved just that.
3. It turns out Diego Forlan doesn’t only always score against Liverpool, he also always scores against African countries.
4. If you wanted to trust a last minute penalty to anyone it might as well have been the tournament’s top penalty scorer. Asamoah Gyan picked a bad time to miss one.
5. Sebastian Abreu has big cojones. The old dinked penalty to secure a place in the World Cup semi-final? Rather him than me.
Video via 101GG