Top five conclusions: Uruguay 2-3 Holland
1. Holland didn’t show too much to concern either Germany or Spain and yet they have won another match and they are in the World Cup final.
2. There is life in Giovanni van Bronckhorst’s old legs yet. That was an absolutely unstoppable strike.
3. Not that it will stop us all joking that Luis Suarez would have parried it to safety.
4. We should have all turned off the TV when we found out Jim Beglin had phoned in sick. If a Clive Tyldesley commentates and nobody is around to hear it, does he make a noise?
5. Perhaps the funniest moment of the match was Mark Van Bommel eventually picking up his long overdue yellow card in the final minute of the match for probably the least cynical thing he has done in the last two matches.
Video via 101GG