Top 10 conclusions: England 2-1 Hungary
1. England get caught out by a lack of goal-line technology again – this time at the other end of the pitch.
2. That was a true captain’s performance from Steven Gerrard. His two excellent goals demonstrated two very different goalscoring aspects of his game and they were both joy to watch.
3. OTP had forgotten how much we loved Gabor Kiraly’s old school grey jogging bottoms.
4. Not the best of debuts from Michael Dawson, even if the goal caused by his error was wrongly awarded.
5. Wayne Rooney has realised on his holiday that sarcasm is a more effective way of handling the booing than shouting at a camera.
6. Kieran Gibbs looks every bit the part at international level. Shame he plays in the only position where England already have the best player in the world in that position at the moment.
7. There has never been a footballer who sounded more like a mouthwash for reindeer than Gergely Rudolf.
8. Neither Scott Loach nor Frankie Fielding got off the bench then. They will probably both announce their international retirements tomorrow.
9. The ITV commentary team have obviously decide Fabio Capello has now reached that stage in an England manager’s career when you just criticise everything for the sake of it. Totally the wrong aftershave for tonight’s match.
10. A couple of positive runs like that in a pre-World Cup warm-up and Theo Walcott would definitely have gone to South Africa.