Top 10 conclusions Premier League weekend 2-3 October
1. So much for the Big Four. It’s looking distinctly like a Big One at the minute.
2. Didier Drogba would love to play against Arsenal every week. More on the squealing Elvis celebration later.
3. Manchester United seemingly let their dressing room set the tone for their performance against Sunderland. Both were a shower of s**t.
4. Everton will have to play in pink every week by the looks of it.
5. If you had offered Toffees fans the opportunity to be one place above Liverpool after six games, they would have snapped your hand off. Little did they know.
6. In the battle of the Pools, Black > Liver. Now if Ian Holloway could please stop being Mr Boring. It was be tiring going to all that effort not to be yourself!
7. Rafael Van Der Vaart’s transfer fee looks more and more like an absolute steal after every performance.
8. It is a wonder Alex McLeish didn’t go on a rampage at St Andrew’s, ripping the heads off booing Blues fans. A first home defeat in a year and you get booed. What were you thinking, Birmingham fans?
9. Clint Dempsey comes back to haunt Robert Green. And this time he’s got two heads, courtesy of Manuel da Costa’s elbow.
10. Adam Johnson will be an increasingly regular appearance on Roberto Mancini’s if he keeps getting him out of trouble as he has this week.