Top five conclusions: England 0-0 Montenegro
1. OTP is quite happy with this result. Qualifying blips provide a healthy dose of reality ahead of tournaments.
2. You can see Kevin Davies having a role to play in the England squad (elbowing defenders and flicking the ball on), but it would probably need to be with Jermain Defoe or Darren Bent.
3. Gareth Barry has not played well for England for a while. Unless I’ve suffered some sort of memory loss. Can anyone remember a decent Barry performance of late?
4. Those legal penalty area handballs are going to make defending much easier.
5. You had to love Peter Drury’s game of namesake innuendo: “A pair of Johnsons on the right and width will be important.”