Top 10 conclusions Premier League weekend 20-21 November
1. It would appear all the talk about this being the worst possible time to face Chelsea was a bit premature.
2. Talk about fickle. Manchester United fans booed Wayne Rooney onto the pitch. One decent switch of play and a header in the vague direction of goal later and thet are chanting his name.
3. No wonder Arsenal never won anything with William Gallas and Samir Nasri on the same team.
4. Fans at the Emirates are used to seeing dodgy keepers. At least the one they witnessed on Saturday was playing for the opposition, but he still ended up on the winning side.
5. A thumping defeat to Liverpool is surely the ultimate vote of confidence for Avram Grant’s West Ham reign.
6. Kevin Nolan always did set-up a fair few goals for Bolton.
7. You have to try some unorthodox tactics to stop Johan Elmander in his current form, but Newcastle’s decisions to opt for beheading was never likely to win favour with the officials.
8. Blackpool v Wolves didn’t sound like a setting for the goal of the season. Book, cover etc.
9. Presumably today we will be hearing how Ian Holloway doesn’t have a hope of keeping hold of Luke Varney or Richard Kingson.
10. Mark Hughes certainly taught Manchester City a lesson they won’t forget. Oh wait…