Top five conclusions: AC Milan 0-1 Tottenham
1. Gennaro Gattuso is pure class. Starting on a man who turns 60 this year proves you are a real football hardman. Having said that, Gattuso v Joe Jordan might actually pip Zlatan Ibrahimovic v David O’Leary as the most bizarre player versus coach scrap of the year so far.
2. Mathieu Flamini did his best to curry favour with Arsenal fans with his attempt to break Vedran Corluka’s leg.
3. You could have got pretty good odds on Peter Crouch scoring the winner from a speedy counter-attack. The fact he kept up with Aaron Lennon was more surprising than the result.
4. Talking of which, Aaron Lennon was too fast to foul. It must have been frustrating for Milan’s defenders that they couldn’t even get close enough to bring him down.
5. Was that an optical illusion or did Jonathan Woodgate make it through 30 minutes of football unscathed?