Top 10 conclusions Premier League weekend 19-20 March
1. David Luiz is racing away from Fernando Torres in the goalscoring stakes.
2. They didn’t have protractors at Luis Suarez’s school.
3. Manuel Almunia is still very seriously afflicted by his Jens Lehmann complex. And we don’t expect the issue to leave him in the near future with the veteran German looking increasingly likely to get a game.
4. Sunderland v Liverpool doesn’t sound like a particularly controversial fixture on paper, but you’re always guaranteed a dodgy goal.
5. Manchester United are running out of defenders rapidly. After Jonny Evans’ red card and a possible injury to Wes Brown, Fergie is running out of options. Perhaps it is the footballing gods’ way of punishing him for naming seven defenders in the starting line-up for the FA Cup match against Arsenal.
6. Ian Holloway is probably realising that selling Charlie Adam in January would have been Premier League suicide.
7. Newcastle’s Steve Harper became the first goalkeeper in Premier League history to concede because he lace was undone.
8. We do not know how Tottenham v West Ham finished 0-0.
9. Surely Manchester United can afford better technology than the crappy phone Sir Alex is using during his touchline ban.
10. With 10-man United somehow sneaking a victory over Bolton while Arsenal struggle to a draw with West Brom, the Premier League that nobody wants to win rumbles on for another week!