Top five conclusions: Barcelona 3-1 Arsenal
1. Cesc Fabregas’ determination to play for Barcelona in the Champions League knows no bounds.
2. Wojciech Szczesny is forced off with a trivial injury and Robin Van Persie ends up costing his team the match. Interesting role reversal for the Gunners.
3. We jest, angry Arsenal fans. Van Persie’s sending off was ridiculously harsh. We’re inclined to agree with Wenger: the contest was unnecessarily ruined.
4. Having said that, we did rather enjoy Van Persie pointing to the sizeable Camp Nou crowd to explain why he didn’t hear the whistle.
5. Despite Arsenal’s justifiable complaints, there is no doubting which of football’s beautiful teams played the most beautiful football over the two legs.