Top five conclusions: Chelsea 2-1 Manchester United
1. Oooh, it just got even more interesting. The perfect post-Carling Cup pick-me-up for destroyed Arsenal players.
2. Damn you, Ashley Cole and your terrible free-kicks. A thousand shooting/accuracy-based conclusions died when you clipped the ball over the bar. Wait! I might have salvaged one: Ashley Cole is obviously more accurate with his air rifle than his free-kicks.
3. Look at Wayne Rooney scoring goals from outside the box like it’s 2004!
4. Lots of people were saying before the game that having Martin Atkinson refereeing the game would guarantee controversy this morning. I would like to conclude that he proved everyone wrong, but I can’t.
5. David Luiz looks like a fantastic buy: entertains with his Sideshow Bob hair, scores goals, defends very well and somehow less inconspicuous than Nemanja Vidic.