Top 10 conclusions Premier League weekend 23-25 April
1. Fernando Torres finds the net and so ends one of football’s greatest ever ‘what if…’ scenarios.
2. The sight of the previously pathetic Torres scoring proved to be truly inspirational. Even Edin Dzeko decided if Torres could score, he could too.
3. Arsenal are in serious danger of becoming a parody of themselves.
4. Good on Chelsea. Who can blame them for rolling out the paddling pool on the Bank Holiday weekend?
5. The cameraman visibly backed off when Wayne Rooney started screaming down the lens to celebrate Javier Hernandez’s winner against Everton.
6. Ian Holloway is only partially a “bitter, warped and twisted Bristolian”. His Blackpool side deserved one penalty.
7. Mick McCarthy needs a haircut for the relegation run-in. He was sporting the mad professor look for Wolves v Fulham.
8. Mark Hughes was just sporting the mad look as he expressed his frustration through the medium of water bottle abuse.
9. Sunderland must be the only team in the world that can only manage a rout if they don’t have any strikers on the pitch at all.
10. Three years on and some teams still haven’t worked out how to defend a Rory Delap long-throw.