Top five conclusions: England 1-0 Spain
1. This is the conclusion where we say that England are now effectively world and European champions and leave it to you to decide just how tongue-in-cheek that is.
2. Judging by how long it takes for him to remember the names of players, Fabio Capello must start naming his next squad immediately after dismissing his squad at the end of an international meet-up.
3. We have narrowed down the answer to the question ‘how many of Phil Jagielka’s toes would you have to break before he was slower than John Terry?’ to ‘more than one’.
4. We see your Xavi and Iniesta and we raise you Phil Jones and Kyle Walker, apparently. Competition for a place in England’s midfield is really hotting up among England’s young defenders.
5. Spain will still hammer us if we meet them in a competitive international.