Top 10 conclusions: Euro 2012 draw
1. It could definitely have been worse for England. Far, far worse. Yet the caution about our prospects against the likes of the Ukraine and Sweden is reassuring.
2. England v France at the European Championships just won’t be the same without a vomiting Zinedine Zidane.
3. Spain, Italy and the Republic of Ireland make up the Group of Debt. Romania will be hoping the debt crisis isn’t as contagious as the experts tell us.
4. Being drawn in Group B could have put more of a dent in Wayne Rooney’s hopes of appearing at Euro 2012 than any UEFA disciplinary committee.
5. Talking of which, Group B looks tasty. You’ve got to feel sorry for Denmark.
6. Somebody should have told Gary Lineker that Movember doesn’t run into December.
7. England’s players won’t need any win bonuses. The FA will just be able to reward them with Air Miles.
8. Hosts Poland must have been offered a ridiculously easy group in exchange for letting co-hosts Ukraine hold the draw and the final.
9. Giovanni Trappatoni has get the best side in the world and his home nation to face. Low expectations and high spirits could be a good combination for the Republic of Ireland.
10. One of these days football’s authorities will realise the people tuning in to watch these draws is a slightly different demographic than the Eurovision Song Contest. Maybe they’ll get a move on too.