Top 10 conclusions Premier League weekend 10-11 December
1. Arsenal anniversary celebrations – like most Arsenal matches – would be a duller place without Robin Van Persie. What a sweet goal.
2. If Martin O’Neill continues to bring that level of luck to Sunderland, Black Cats fans will be delighted to have him around the place.
3. Just imagine what Stoke City could have achieved against Tottenham with Enoch Balotelli in the team. It would have been a disaster for ‘Arry’s boys.
4. Grant Holt and Steve Morison v full-backs masquerading as centre-backs is not a fair fight.
5. Clint wasn’t feeling lucky, punk, against Swansea. Dempsey’s massive deflection gave the Swans the lead and he then missed a penalty.
6. Not that you blame Dempsey for the penalty miss. Credit for that goes to Michael Vorm, who it turns out is just as good at mind games as he is at goalkeeping. He’s like a cross between Peter Schmeichel and Derren Brown.
8. Roy Hodgson got his comeuppance for suggesting Wigan’s summer bid for Peter Odemwingie was tantamount to West Brom enquiring after Lionel Messi.
9. Sir Alex Ferguson must be wishing Wayne Rooney’s latest goal-scoring spurt could have started with one of the sitters on offer against Basel in midweek rather than against Wolves.
10. No wonder Simon Vukcevic reacted quickest to score Blackburn’s opener against Sunderland yesterday. His face mask gave him a one foot headstart on everyone else.