Top 10 conclusions Premier League weekend 17-18 December
1. Wayne Rooney’s hair transplant was definitely worth it. His new quiff got the ball rolling for Manchester United in their match against QPR.
2. The QPR supporters’ “Warnock for England” chants might encourage Blackburn fans to try a change of tactics. Kean for Scotland, anyone?
3. Then again, if Aston Villa keep putting in home performances like that, their supporters might be putting Alex McLeish forward for the Scotland job instead.
4. Frank Lampard doesn’t like you seeing his blood.
5. Roman Pavlyuchenko is like Santa Claus. He only delivers once a year, but he brings joy to so many when he does.
6. Football managers shouldn’t take a toilet break during the match. Norwich boss Paul Lambert missed Everton’s equaliser during the second-half of their match.
7. Andre Villas Boas is probably wishing he had taken a toilet break at the end of Chelsea’s match against Wigan. Petr Cech’s howler didn’t make for pretty viewing.
8. West Brom manager Roy Hodgson wisely held it in and witnessed two wonderstrikes from his side. Blackburn keeper Paul Robinson didn’t stand a chance against either James Morrison or Peter Odemwingie’s efforts.
9. There is no greater sight in football than an irate Mick McCarthy.
10. Manchester City v Arsenal was a genuine early Christmas present for neutrals (and City fans too in the end).