Top five conclusions: Arsenal 3-0 AC Milan
1. That must have been more galling for Gooners than if their side had bowed out tamely as expected. So close and yet so far.
2. Nobody does celebrations quite like Wojciech Sczcesny.
3. There is no more lethargic sight in football than Robinho and Zlatan Ibrahimovich believing they are coasting to an easy win. It could only have been topped by Dimitar Berbatov using the roof of the net as a hammock and sipping a pina colada.
4. Talking of Ibrahimovich, OTP suggests that for ease Gary Neville simply refers to him as Zlatan Morecambe in future commentaries (“I’m saying all the right letters but not necessarily in the right order”).
5. Arsene Wenger could rightly feel either vindicated or concerned by his side’s reliance on Alex Oxlade Chamberlain. The sole reason they fell short was that the Ox picked up his injury and they lost their attacking edge. (Well, that and goal-scoring machine Robin Van Persie missing a sitter.)