Top 10 conclusions Premier League weekend 21-22 April
1. God is great. And presumably a City fan.
2. Everton enjoyed their game of headers and volleys at Old Trafford. Steven Pienaar didn’t quite understand the rules, but since God didn’t strike him down, OTP can only conclude that he’s allowed to do that.
3. OTP didn’t think Terry Goner could get any closer to crying on the emotionally wrought post-match interview scale, but it turns out he still had a couple of gears left.
4. Yohan has a good Cabaye for a pass. And a Cabaye for goal.
5. Talk about title-race paranoia, imagine what Fergie was thinking when he found out that Manchester City were going to face the bottom-of-the-table side, who had put someone called Dorus (presumably the tea lady) in goal for the afternoon.
6. Roy Hodgson can bring winning ways to Anfield after all.
7. It was a good weekend for getting sent-off against your old club. Take a bow, Adel Taarabt and Craig Gardner. It was also a good weekend for scoring against your old club. Taarabt again and Wayne Rooney.
8. It’s been a bad week for Arsenal: losing against Wigan and then held to a 0-0 draw by Chelsea Reserves.
9. The Pog is back.
10. If you’re in north London, please take care to avoid stray tyres rolling down the street: Spurs’ wheels are well and truly off.