Top five Champions League semi-final conclusions: Real Madrid 2-1 Bayern Munich
1. You should never take the Germans to penalties. In fact, you should never take anyone to penalties in a Champions League semi-final, Jose.
2. The game was destined to got to penalties. There was enough soft ones awarded in open play after all.
3. That was a nasty power surge-io Ramos. He got a bit more behind that than he wanted. His spot-kick is still in orbit somewhere.
4. Mario Gomez is the new Zlatan Ibrahimovic. He always seems to be below his best and miss a load of sitters when the biggest spotlight (aka UK television attention) is on him.
5. So much for the dream El Clasico final. Instead we get Chelsea Reserves v Bayern Munich Reserves. It’s a funny old game.