Top 10 FA Cup Final conclusions: Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool
1. Another big match, another goal-line technology debate. This year’s FA Cup has been dogged by these close calls.
2. The universe obviously decided to settle that old Luis Garcia score.
3. The Club Wembley prawn sandwich brigade continue to create new FA Cup Final traditions. Like hundreds of empty seats directly behind the centre circle as the second half gets underway.
4. Meanwhile, the old traditions are still going strong. Albeit with a distinctly 21st century twist: Abide With Smirnoff Ice.
5. It doesn’t really matter what sort of form Fernando Torres is in if Ramires continues to score all these priceless goals. Di Matteo will be gutted he’s not available for the Champions League final.smirnoff ice
6. If Andy Carroll let his hair down and put on some red lipstick, he might just about pass for John W. Henry’s missus. That’s got to be handy when it comes to renewing his contract.
7. And he might just get a contract renewal based on his current form. He brought Liverpool back into the game with a strong performance on Saturday.
8. You’ve got to love Roberto Di Matteo’s David Pleat-esque skipping celebrations. Perhaps he was told that silverware gets him the job on a permanent basis.
9. Jose Enrique doesn’t have a great deal of respect for the national anthem.
10. Didier Drogba: he bloody loves scoring at Wembley.