Top 10 conclusions Premier League weekend 26-27 August
1. If Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel was a golfer, he’d have finished yesterday on level par (and probably be barred from the clubhouse due to the tattoos and shaved head).
2. Any Manchester United fans hoping that David De Gea had spent at least some of his summer learning how to deal with crosses were left severely disappointed after he let Fulham back into the match.
3. It didn’t take Robin Van Persie long to show everyone why he’s worth £24million (as if we needed reminding). A fantastic finish from the ex-Arsenal man to break his United duck.
4. That other Old Trafford favourite Luis Suarez showed his worth too, with an absolutely stunning free-kick against Manchester City. It deserved to win the match, but for the antics of the aforementioned Skrtel.
5. If their side’s results weren’t so poor, you could accuse Aston Villa fans of being xenophobic towards Scottish managers.
6. Swansea’s sexy football from last season is beginning to look like a bit of a munter compared to their new bird.
7. At the Liberty Stadium they water the pitch and oil the opposition manager’s chair before kick-off if West Ham boss Sam Allardyce’s gradual slide down is anything to go by.
8. Benoit Assou Ekotto’s dreams of Spurs signing a striker were totally unnecessary: he can do the job himself.
With a nap,the day is not enought long…i make a dream!As we signe a BIG STRIKER. Very good! who score many goal!!!but it was. A dream LOL
— Benoit Assou-Ekotto (@AssouEkotto) August 13, 2012
9. Marouane Fellaini was on target again as Everton looked very good. Brendan Rodgers’ attempts to bring pass and move back to Anfield has perhaps spurred the Toffees to explore their own sexy football side.
10. Sir Alex Ferguson really is ruthless. He survived a fright from Fulham by confronting the Cottagers with the horror of a bleeding Wayne Rooney wound.