Top five conclusions: Real Madrid 3-2 Manchester City
1. Now Manchester City know what it’s like to be on the receiving end of an epic 3-2 comeback. At least no trophies were on the line this time.
2. Roberto Mancini is presumably wishing that all parties had taken his advice about Cristiano Ronaldo taking a six-month sabbatical seriously.
3. Somebody at Channel 5 is probably pitching a Judge Joe Hart series at this very moment.
4. Mrs Mourinho’s got a helluva job on her hands this morning after all that sliding around on the grass. Jose might have to just keep those trousers for when he’s doing his gardening.
5. Sometimes taking three times more shots than the opposition will ultimately pay-off.