Cristiano Ronaldo’s new Nike CR Mercurial IX boots help you to pick your lottery numbers
Famed for his natty fashion sense, Cristiano Ronaldo is now opting to get statty instead.
The Real Madrid star is to don a pair of specially designed CR Mercurial IX to commemorate his achievements in 2012. The boots have seven numbers featured on to the side as well as featured within a CR7 graphic.
The numbers mark:
- 1st Spanish league title
- 9 goals scored for Portugal
- 14 games played for the national team
- 19 rival team scored against in a La Liga season (the first player to do so)
- 27 years old in 2012
- 55 matches played in all competitions for club
- 60 goals scored in all competitions for club
Ronaldo said: “Last season was a very special one for me, helping my team and country achieve success.
“It’s great to celebrate these achievements and also have a great pair of Mercurial boots to recognize the moment. I’ll enjoy playing in them for sure.”
He’ll wear the boots in Sunday’s match against Real Sociedad. A limited run of 100 pairs of the boots will go on sale in February.