Top five Champions League final conclusions: Bayern Munich 2-1 Borussia Dortmund
1. Arjen Robben has proven that if you take enough shots in Champions League finals, you will eventually score the winner. He had 24 attempts on goal in three previous finals before his all important effort in the dying minutes of Saturday’s final.
2. Bayern boss Jupp Heynckes is bowing out in style. We’re not quite sure what Pep Guardiola is supposed to do to top that.
3. Mario Götze has got a future in soap opera acting. The Bayern-bound Dortmund player was at pains to show the TV cameras trained on him exactly who he was supporting in the match.
4. This was the worst possible final for Dortmund. The domestic aspect of this huge occasion seemed to stop them playing with the same confidence and freedom that had helped them to reach the final.
5. As Mario Mandzukic discovered, it is possible to get too excited about winning the Champions League.